Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Redness Reducing Primer?!

Struggling with facial redness can be a daily occurrence for numerous men and women alike. When someone has fair or light skin, they are more likely to exhibit undertones of pink and red or have blotchiness in their facial skin. I am unfortunately one of these people.


My sensitive and red prone skin has been a insecurity of mine for quite some time. It has caused embarrassing blushing and multiple beet red faces after exercising. Yet, after dealing with this issue for over five years, I have failed to find a permanent outstanding solution.
So for the time being, I resort to a green primer.



The Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Color Correcting Adjust. Or ie., the green one.

Strange right? Rubbing a bright green substance on a light pale face? Seems counterproductive.
But it actually works! Whenever my skins irritated, sun burnt, or just looking like an angry tomato in certain spots (darn you cheeks & forehead) I whip this guy out. And voila! The redness is most definitely visibly reduced. Don't get me wrong, this isn't some magic worker that will banish any sign of redness, but it successfully lightens the red/pink areas and evens out your face's overall tone.

Wanna know why it works? If you take a glimpse at the color wheel, you may notice certain colors across from each other. These are known as contrasting colors. Oh, and guess what? Green just happens to be red's contrasting color. Interesting stuff.

This is one of the few products I need to have in my makeup collection at all times. I use it under foundations, but mostly I wear this on its own with a translucent powder over top. For me, this is completely fine as an everyday look worn with some blush. But if you are an everyday foundation wearer, Smashbox's primer goes well underneath foundations and helps them last longer throughout the day.



I truly do love this primer so so much. Please note though that it is a temporary solution and does not actually actively take any redness out of your skin, it merely hides it for the time being. For tips on skincare and products to effectively aid your sensitive/rosacea/red skin, stay tuned for more posts:)



No comments:

Post a Comment